Get in touch
Phone: +27 84 701 3981
Who am I?
Professional photographer & videographer
What do I do?
I create branding imagery both motion and stills. Short-form video content that is consumed online to promote brand awareness and quality imagery both above and below the line. I make images that increase brand awareness and promote products.
What gear do I use?
I use the Sony mirrorless camera system. The Sony A7R3 & Sony a6500 allow me to capture high res stills and 4K video if needed, and Sony glass is second to none…in my opinion:) I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone with the Hasselblad lens for high res stills and 4K video. I use a DJI Ronin S for cinematic video work as well as moving time lapse.
T’s & C’s
• Only one date/set of shoot days will be reserved per shoot unless there are special circumstances (eg. weather days) or a number of days have been contractually agreed. Only dates when shooting is set to take place can be reserved.
• Reserved dates are held upon request, but final confirmation of the chosen shoot date should be communicated in writing at least 7 days before the agreed date.
• Quotes are estimations of final costs and are not guaranteed to be the final invoiced amounts.
• Small differences in costs between quotes and invoices are often likely due to the addition, subtraction, or alteration of rented gear, props, special retouching requests, additional retouching hours, or unforeseen extensions of the number of shooting hours and requirements
• Clients will always be notified in advance of adjustments of more than 20% to quoted amounts of the shoot’s total value.
• A shoot date may be rescheduled at any time up until 24hrs prior to the shoot provided that the new date suits all parties involved and no date-specific expenses have already been incurred.
Unless otherwise negotiated, shooting hours are as follows.
• Half-day: Up to 5 hours
• Full day: Up to 10 hours, with a reasonable break
• Shoots canceled more than 48hrs prior to scheduled shoot time are not subject to any fees barring what has already been spent on shoot-related purchases, travel, or hiring.
• Shoots canceled within 48hrs of the scheduled call time will be billed a 50% cancellation fee.
• Shoots, the cancellation of which is only relayed upon arrival at the shoot location, will be billed a 50% cancellation fee as well as the costs of travel and any gear rented and other related costs for the shoot.
• In certain instances, trades can be negotiated for discounted rates. These negotiations and the values of the goods/services of the trade exchange should be discussed and agreed upon in full prior to the shoot and confirmed in writing.
• If trades are negotiated, the limits of shooting hours and retouching should be clearly agreed upon prior to the shoot.
• If a trade exchange shoot is canceled, the cancellation of which is only communicated upon arrival at the shoot location, the client will be billed for the costs of travel and any gear rented and other related costs for the shoot.
• Unless fully discussed or agreed contractually, images may not be digitally altered in any way by the client or third parties after final submission. No filters, color grading, or crops may be applied unless discussed and agreed upon.
• Any retouching deadline expected to be delivered within less than a week after selects have been communicated will be subject to additional costs.
• A retouching deadline expected to be delivered within less than a week after selects have been communicated may not be met if the deadline is not requested at the time of the shoot.
Third-Party Gear/Props Rental
• In certain instances, additional gear, props, or studio hire may be required in order to fulfill the shoot’s brief. Quotes for such rentals will be provided and signed off by the client as part of the shoot’s pre-production process.
• I will be responsible for all gear selected, quotes, sourcing, collections, and returns.
• In most but not all instances, I will also be responsible for payments made for rented gear the amounts for which will be added to my own invoice
• In instances of high-intensity shoots, an assistant or extra set of hands may be required. Photographic assistance is not requested unless necessary, however, once the need for a photographic assistant has arisen, it is non-negotiable that allowance is made within the budget for such assistance.
• Photo assistant rates are non-negotiable and are determined by me based on industry standards and skill level.
Stylist, Makeup Artists, and Crew
• As the photographer, I am not responsible for styling, hair, makeup, or any functions that are not photographic related. If needed in order to fulfill the brief, these additional crew members will be sourced at their own rates. I will advise and contact certain professionals whom I am able to recommend or where they have been referred.
• It is not in the interest of any persons involved in a shoot to work with models who are not professionals.
• Models will always be paid a rate/ trade that is fair regardless of whether the resulting images can be used for their portfolio.
• Unless specially requested, models will always have access to the resulting images so long as the images are used for portfolio purposes only
• After the shoot wrap, a rough selection of low-resolution raw images will be supplied to the client from which they will make a final selection of edits to be processed.
• The number of final images a client may select will be specific to that particular job or intensity of retouching.
• These raw files will be for the client’s eyes only and may not be shared on any online or print platforms or used or shared or distributed for any purpose whatsoever
Third-party Image usage
• Upon the submission of images, a client may not thereafter supply these images to a third party for purposes of third-party benefit for profit, advertising, social promotion, or other.
• The use of any images by an entity that is not the shoot’s original client should be negotiated and agreed to decide the relevant rates of usage
• Upon receiving an invoice, acknowledgment of receipt should be communicated.
• Unless a specific date is stipulated, invoices should be paid within 30 days of receipt.
• Unretouched images will never be supplied unless directed to a professional retoucher, or unless appropriate buyouts have been arranged prior.
• Under no circumstances will all raw images from a shoot be provided to a client.
Social/Print Photo Credits
• Although photo credits on social media platforms are always appreciated, they are not deemed mandatory for paying clients unless expressly agreed.
• If discounts are negotiated for clients with large social followings in exchange for photo credits, those photo credits must be honored. If not the discount falls away and the full quoted price shall be paid